Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'3' Choices: Vespa GTS 250, GT200 or Aprilia Sport City 200

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by NZKiwi, Mar 27, 2006.

1. :grin: Afternoon All

Ok, the 64 million dollar question, I currently own a BUG Espresso Scooter 150 which has given so much bother, I can't wait to get rid of it....(It has had ongoing steering problems and a recurring back-firing issue which does't seem to be fixed no matter how many modifications it has and the mirrors and shock absorbers are starting to rust after 7 months) Believe me, while this is a bargin scooter for those entering the market, I advise you to stay away.

So, moving forward, after 3 weeks of reviews and test drives, I'm down to the following bikes:

Vespa GTS 250
    Vespa GT 200 and a
    Aprilia 200 Sports City which I just found out today has the same engine as the Vespa...

So, any assistance is welcome, while the Vespa and Sportscity are completely different bikes, I would like to hear from anyone who has one of the scooters listed above. I live in Sydney and use my scooter for daily travel and weekends. 50/50 around town and motorway use (up to 100km)

2. Well, great selection there buddy.

3 really good scoots.

Couple of points i'd make:

Substantial variation in price between those 3. The Sport City at $6,750, the GT200 at $7,790 and the GTS at $8,790. So the first question is budget. You've ridden them all so do you reckon the GTS is worth 2g's more than the Sport City?

I've got a Sport City, and i think its a great scoot. I was tempted to get the GT200 but i just couldn't justify the extra $1,000.

Don't forget to ad on the cost of accessories you might want ie top box, disc lock, etc. The Vespa original top box is something like $300!

Personally, if money was no issue, i'd def go with the GTS, they are wicked scoots.
  3. Thanks for the information, need to find someone that tested a GT200 and went for a GTS250 instead. Would also like to find out why as well...

At this stage, I am leaning to the GTS as by all accounts, it appears to be a absolutely amazing bike however its the difference between that and the GT200 that I'm having problems with.

I asked a few people now and it's not a easy choice, while all three bikes are so different, they are also pitched to the same audience.

Once again, thanks...