Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

3-4 Day Tour VIC-NSW

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Beno271, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Hey guys, looking to do a 3-4 day tour in Spring throughout East VIC - South East NSW

I currently ride a 650 Ducati Monster (Might have a Honda Fireblade by then) and would prefer to keep dirt roads to a minimum. I'd also like to do this tour without the need of a hotel and just pitch the tent near the end of the day.

Just wondering what roads or places you guys could suggest that I could implement into my tour.

Cheers :)
  2. Have a butcher's here
  3. #3 cjvfr, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You'll encounter dirt/gravel going into most camps. But i was able to get to these on a cruiser so it shouldn't be too hard for you.

Victoria Falls Historic Area is on the great alpine way about 15km NW of Omeo. It's free and has toilets.

Wee Jasper has a few camps, but i like the Billy Grace reserve. It has toilet and showers and a creek for swimming. If your trying to avoid dirt the only way in and out is though Yass. You'll still have some dirt road but they are easily managed. This cost me $7 for the night.

Henry Angel Trackhead is about 13km south of Tumbarumba and it's free. It only has toilet and a creek for fishing.

Ngarigo was the only site that had a dirt road that i was comfortable to ride on. Cost me $6 for the night. toilets only and a creek for swimming if you can stand the cold.

Nug Nug reserve on the west side of Mt Buffalo is another good spot. I think that cost me $3 for the night. All dirt there, but compacted.

Hope this helps.
  5. Campsites:
    Bridge Hotel @ Jingellic, NSW (on the Upper Murray River.)
    Three Mile Dam; near Cabramurra.
  6. Thanks for the info, I will check out all your recommendations and put together a tour with a friend. Might dedicate a thread to the tour to let you guys know how we go. :)
  7. Im curious, if you end up going near my Gotham can you check out the JB plain hut and camping area and see what it's like.