Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2x FZR250R 3LN3 1990 not assembled. Make an offer

Discussion in 'Archived' started by phynix_rose, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2x FZR250R 3LN3 1990 not assembled. Make an offer

2 of the same bike for sale. Brought one in November 07 and the next one (as a parts bike) in April 08. Both bikes ran great when they were purchased, but as you can see from the photos bellow they are no longer whole bikes.

I had brought these bikes for my L’s but my X husband pulled them apart for restoration and got side tracked then lost interest, so the bikes have been in pieces for a while. All the parts are there (that I know of) except for the exhaust off of one of them, which was lost in storage.

Bikes are now taking up space in my parents shed, and as I don’t know how to put them back together I need to sell them.

Bike one: 31,000km, full fairings with out decals on left and cone. Missing the exhausted. Needs tyres

Bike two: parts bike. 16,000km. Damage to fairings.

Would like to get $2000 for the two of them together, at least that would be close to half what I paid but any offers will be considered (with in reason, please don’t be silly and offer $5). Please call on numbers at the bottom or PM on here.

Model specs:

Make Model Yamaha FZR 250R
    Year 1990-92
    Engine Liquid cooled, four stroke, transverse four cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder.
    Capacity 249
    Bore x Stroke 48 х 34.5mm
    Compression Ratio 12:1
    Induction 4x Mikuni carbs
    Ignition / Starting CDI
    Max Power 45 hp @ 16000 rpm
    Max Torque 2.5 kg-m @ 12000 rpm
    Transmission / Drive 6 Speed / chain
    Front Suspension 38mm Telescopic forks
    Rear Suspension Monoshock preload adjustable.
    Front Brakes 2x 285mm discs 4 piston calipers
    Rear Brakes Single 210mm disc 2 piston caliper
    Front Tyre 100/80--17
    Rear Tyre 130/70-17
    Dry-Weight 146 kg
    Fuel Capacity 14 Litres
    Manual Fzrarchives.com

Happy to try and answer any questions you might have.
    Please call before 6pm (night workers)
    Kath on 0458852937 or Tim on 0411786705.

Attached Files:

2. Re: 2x FZR250R 3LN3 1990. Make an offer

I would so buy this if I wasn't financing another bike right now - that there, is a perfect intro to track riding! Good luck but I reckon they'll move fast.
  3. more pics:

Attached Files:

4. and a few more pics:

Attached Files:

5. How much of a hurry are you in to get rid of them?

I'm moving house & will have a garage (finally!) that will need a project or two, but won't be for another month...

Edit: Hang on, where abouts are you?
  6. Im just outside of Werribee. im not in a mass hurry to sell the bikes, but the sooner the better.
  7. PM sent.
  8. read that. yep no worries ill keep you in mind. havent had any luck selling them
  9. Are the bikes on the repairable write off register? or been written off?
  10. no their not write offs. they were both working/running when brought. Originally i brought the first one (off a mates brother) someone pushed it over at the shops hense the fairing damage on the one side that i had fixed. he didnt repair it because he brought a WRX and no longer wanted the bike. So when i brought it from him it had been in storage for about 12 months.

The other one was brought from a parts dealer. He gave us sort of the same story. He had it sold to him from someone that was sick of repairing the fairings (though i wouldnt know if it was on the repairable write off registry, and im not sure how to check)

hope that all makes sence.
    cheers :)
  11. Thanks mate
    If you can pm either old rego's or Vin numbers I can check on the vicroads website..
  12. these bikes are still for sale.

No offers yet
  13. Argh looks like a great project! I'd love to offer you something man but I'm off overseas in a few weeks! If it's still here when I get back I'll make an offer for sure.

Best of luck
  14. cant edit my first post. Ignore the $2000

one bike is NOT a write off or anything and can still be registered. The other bike was brought as a parts bike, it did run when i brought it and i was told buy the wrecker some story (in post #10) but as it doesnt have a vin number on it im guessing it may have been a write off.

Would like around $1300, or something better then $100
  15. Interested, I'll get back to you tonight.
  16. these bikes are still available.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.