Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2nd set of wheels for 06 wr250f - where to look in Melb

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by buckerooni, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a second set of wheels for my 06 wr250f for light road work. Nothing fancy, just so I can zip across town now and then etc.

Am I right to assume that wr250f wheels can be used from any model from YZ/WR - 2001-2008? I understand that a rear YZ will be 19, but this shouldn't affect ride height...should it?

Does anyone know of good wreckers who get alot of stuff that's not too...stuffed? Ebay seems pretty thin on the ground...any other ideas?

2. Wreckers have stuff that comes and goes, so you'll need to call around.

You'll be amazed what does come up on ebay. I am certain that if you look for a month you'll find wheels. I've seen a few sets over the last little while. Sets of motard wheels do come up, but they are not all that cheap. The benefit is that there is a fair bit of demand so you can always move them on later.

Bear in mind that you won't be able to find road tyres in 19" as easily (if at all) so the YZ rear might not be so useful.

Sounds crazy, but anything other than a REALLY soft terrain tyre which has hard rubber and sparse tread will ride and last surprisingly well if inflated to 35psi. I commuted for years on knobbies after I got very sick of swapping tyres on one set of rims.
  3. thanks for the tip about the 19inch and slicks.

the guy at the yamaha centre put me onto www.findapart.com.au - looks like great way to save some time, unsure of how many wreckers religiously check this service, I'll report back on my findings.
  4. If you're going for a whole 2nd set of wheels why not make them 17's and get access to all the road rubber? There are some sets around at the moment.
  5. I've seen some reasonable sets pop up on VSMR...
  6. thanks for the leads guys, I guess from my initial conversations with some dudes recommending wreckers for a set for under $450,the $1500 price tags on some of the motard sets is a little hard to stomach.

might hassle the guys over at vsmr a little more.