Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2nd hand Staintune exhaust ?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by doonx, Mar 8, 2006.

1. I've looked on eBay, only 2 to suit a Yammy. Is there a relaible place I can regularly find 2nd hand exhausts for sale ? If in good nick is there any reason not to buy one ?

2. i would say check how old they are and how long they been on the bike for
    and general if the look the money
    if they look good and done small ks then why not
  3. I dunno mate, you wanna be thinking why somebody wold put a set of aftermarket cans on their bike, ride around for a while, and then decide to sell 'em...!
  4. easy Loz - you sell a bike with them on, you don't get any more $$$ for it. You pull them off, put the originals back on and sell bike for the same $$$, then you've got a 2nd hand exhaust you can sell separately
  5. Probly because they sold their bikes and thought they could make some extra cash from taking the aftermarket exhaust off.
    You could check out the trading post, other forums buy and sell, etc.
  6. Ring Ken at Megacycle, he makes nice cans
  7. seconded........ I put Megs on my 250 and I'm putting a set on my 6.
  8. I purchased a yoshi slip on through ebay. Saved a packet, looks like new and sounds great. In my case the pipe was exactly as described. I guess you just have to look at the sellers feedback and decide if you think it is a good deal or not.
  9. Ask mouth he has one in his garage. :grin:

I'll take 10% thanx J :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Already got a buyer and sold :p
  11. Then i'll just put up with 5% then :LOL: