Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2nd hand Hyosung's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by PJ2, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Just a question, where are all the 2nd Hand Hyosung 250's. I'm looking for a GT250R, but only want to pay at the most $6000 on road.

2. as they only came onto the market recently i imagine almost all of the bikes are still in the hands of their original owners. you'd have to wait a year for a glob of them to show up on the used market.
  3. Indeed - probably not many of them around second hand yet: most of the owners would still be on their restrictions.

That said, I didn't think they were much more than $6k new?
  4. As said before, most are still very new and still owned by the orginal owners.

Having said that, I plan to sell mine in the next 3 - 6 months and with the RRP of only $6,490 + ORC it's unlikely that many will be able ask more than 6K for a 2nd hand one so you should be able get a few soonish b/w $5,000 - $6,000. Keep looking, they'll show up soon.

I've even heard some dealers offering $4-5K as a trade-in so don't pay more than 6K ride-away from a dealer (2nd hand) either or they're just ripping you off. Don't listen to their sob stories they're all out to make maximun profit.

Cheers :grin:

5. Crunch em.. Go there with the 6k and say this is what ive got and thats the bike i want.. :grin:
  6. Thanks for the idea Blue12,
    Hopefully if they see that you are ready to buy on the day, they will get greedy and 'play fair' :wink: :grin:
  7. :idea: Do you mean WON'T get greedy and 'play fair'.

Greedy = Sell it for as much as your silly enough to pay for it. e.g. Stickered price

Play fair = Willing to come down on price by paying cash or after a bit of bargaining.

8. Seeing as Hyosungs are selling fast and quick, with people paying top dollar they will just shrug you off mate and sell it to the person next to you who can pay full.
  9. so they're looking for $6690 for the GT250R.... i wouldn't pay more than $5.5-7k for it, ride away

get in there and tell them you want it for $4.5k ride away (wave lots of cash in their face) they'll look offended and tell you the best they can do is $6.5.... this will go on and they'll probably check with a manager at somepoint... just stick to your guns!!!!.. once they get you up to $5.2K start saying, ok + extras (new gloves, boots etc).

if they say no just walk away.... if they don't call you back in, or try and contact you in some other way, then go back in a couple of days later with what they wanted for their last offer and pay that!

this is the advice i got from a friend.... I'm yet to test it myself!!!! good luck!!!
  10. Yeah but my greedy is seeing that $6000 is a lot better than no sale and getting $0
  11. I won't be a great help, but I have seen a few 650's for $6500. There was a '04 with 11K's and an '05 with 4K's. the 250's will be hiding under the rocks somewhere.

Check out BikePoint and visit http://korider.com for are chat with a heap of Hyosung rides.
  12. just to update......... i think you could easily swing a brand new 250r for around 6k.

I went in and bought the GT650S (1/2 fairing tourer option) with a whole load of gear for $9k ride away...

couple $$$ more than what you said you'd pay would easily get you a brand new one!
  13. In Vic, you can buy brand new one for 7 - 7.2k including ORC.