Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2nd Hand bike. Rego but no online rego info??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kyba274, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Hey

I did a search on a 2nd hand bike on the Vicroads website to see if it is encumbered etc.
    It came up with the bike details and VIN etc, but when I went to confirm, and go to the next step to see if it stolen, encumbered or financed, this msg came up:

We are unable to provide information on the above vehicle registration. Please confirm the registration is correct. If you would like further information, please contact VicRoads on 13 11 71 during business hours.

What does this mean? is the vehicle not registered??

Vicroads isnt open on australia day, and I need to URGENTLY know.

Help would be greatly appreaciated.
  2. Probably they have provided the wrong details.
  3. I wouldn't worry if I were you. The bike I just bought was the same & only when I called vicroads & enquired about it they then uploaded the details for it.

Do you trust the seller? If not & you are paranoid just wait till tomorrow surely it can't be that urgent.
  4. All this means, is that the bike had been previously registered interstate.
  5. thanks for the responses. Its not that urgent, but im quite paranoid. Im finding more and more hidden problems with the bike I bought. Who knows, it may just be stolen aswell...
  6. Well if there were hidden problems with the bike you should have had it chekced out thoroughly before you laid the cash for it.

Vicroads offer a service for $15 or something where they send you a kit containing the complete history of the vehicle.
  7. Its a bit late now but Never buy a bike or car you havent checked the history of..
    And if the seller starts talking about his hassles with the cops over stolen gear, its a good time to walk away..