Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2nd hand bike costs at VIC

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dmalcantara, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Guys,
    What are the costs of buying a second hand bike? I mean transfer, rwc (required?!?!)..
    I'm looking to get a 2009 gsxr600 and I'd appreciate if you can list whatelse should I expect to pay other then the bike.

2. You'll have stamp duty to pay (there should be a schedule on the transfer paperwork), I believe there is also a transfer fee & if the biek needs rego, you'll have that to pay as well. Naturally you'll have your own insurance to sort out as well.
  3. RWC is required to transfer rego - usually the seller will pay, but if you have to it's $70 - $120 plus any work that needs to be done to bring it up to scratch.

Other than that, transfer fees are available here:

It has been noted that some people tend to be creative with the 'value' of the vehicle that goes on the form... of course nobody ever does that.. it's all myth and legend. :D
  4. Stamp duty is 4%
    Transfer of rego is $4.50 I think.
    And yep to do it, you need rwc
  5. Thanks guys,
    So as it has 7 more month of rego, I just need to pay the transfer fee $5.50 + stamp duty (as per vicroads site; $8 per $200 of the market value or part)

I'm asking that as dealer have a good ride away deals now ...