Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

273km/h Mexican

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tone2, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Someone down there knows how to upset the coppers. Just saw a Channel 10 news clip about someone near Benalla on the Hume where the cops broke off the chase when the bike hit 273km/h.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. As much as I would like to see the highest recorded speed on a road I find it hard to believe the speed quoted by VIC police. Anything over 68kph and you are a menace to society. More than likely the cop got scared and backed off. The weather was not the best either.
  3. how many tanks to sydney at that speed i wonder
  4. How did they record the speed---made it up by the sounds.
  5. I think Victoria Police has a new high tech system where each highway patrol officer carries a thermos containing tea. After every incident they pour out a cup of tea, consume it then read the tea leaves. Highly effective and cutting edge.
    • Funny Funny x 8
  6. the chase was safe at 270km/h.. but 273!! fcuk i'm out
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. There was 2 cops in the car. It took 73 seconds for the Mexican to get out of sight hence 273kph.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Missing a few posts ?
  9. Probably gixxersrule :p
  10. #10 Sir Ride Alot, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
    I would also like to know how the police can justify spending a shitload of tax payer money to chase find someone that caused no injury or loss to any person or property when there are so many real crimes going on.

What a warped and misguided police force we have here in Victoria.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. what - do the police cars no longer have two way radios ?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It even made front page news in the HUN. People wonder why the art of journalism is an endangered species.
  13. No, they counted the number of kittens per kilometer. [kt/km]
  14. Haha... looks like the eye patch brigade are in town.
  15. Thought it was a little unbelievable that an SS dunnydoor would be able to do 273k's so i sought the advice of youtue, just found this video of a modified SSV with a top speed run of 243..........

16. Interesting comments...I'm just glad they ended the chase because these things rarely end well for the peanuts who are usually riding well above their ability...

Kobo :cool:
  17. I bet that was electronically limited to 250 on the speedo. A Golf GTI has a top speed of just under 250, and that's nowhere near as fast as an SS Commodore in a straight line.

18. That is really impressive, considering the car is in reverse.(y)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. i hate the sound of an automatic shifting..
  20. have since found this one