Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

250cc 0-100kph and 0-400m times (Wednesday Wank Thread)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by mipearson, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The whole 250cc top speed thing got me thinking.

Documented 0-100kph, 0-160kph, and 0-400meter times for 250cc bikes? Preferrably from verifiable sources.

It's said that a sports 250 can drag a non-turbo off from the lights but will suffer against a turbo car. It's also said that a sports 250 will be the first to reach 100kph and the last to reach 150kph.

I know it's quite dependant on the rider, but I'd like to know if it's possible for bike X to beat car Y when driven by professional drivers Bob and Fred. Indulge me.

2. remember that turbo or not doesn't mean anything. an ET pulsar has a turbo but it sure as hell aint a fast cage.

3. Didn't say it was true, did I ;)

4. lmao whoever said that is full of sh1te :LOL: :LOL:

Most 250s will pull a 1/4 in the range of 14-15 secs depending on the rider and the condition of the bike,there are plenty of standard cars that can top that :wink:

5. Remember some people don't have to speed to look good/have fun 8) Just enjoy the ride 8)

6. I dont recall anyone saying you had to :?

7. I know this isnt accurate due ot the speedo being out and me tellign exactly when I start moving, but its a good indication of what a 250 can do.
    Heres a vid:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PTJHXSE

Heres the times from 0km/h:
    100km/h- 5.12
    120km/h- 7.52
    140km/h- 9.84
    From 150 on the road rises, and it was too glary to go the other way and that was a slight down hill so that'd be cheating
    160km/h- 13.68
    180km/h- 22.08

That was filmed yesterday...Today I went to a road that has a quatermile marked out also filmed that, not too happy with the rough time I got of 14.9 at 155kph, but i think theres room for improvement. Because in yesterdays video I got to 160 in 13.68secs, but conditions were perfect yesterday and there was a car coming today about 500ms up the road so I rushed. All on privately owned roads of course :)

8. No one did...I'm just saying 8)

9. Without speed you don't get too far :)

10. 14-15 is decent for a 250, my god damn 250 pulls 17s, so be damn happy! my mate blew the doors of a vl turbo with an intercooler on the front of it, by 4 car lengths, until about 120ish ks, than the vl caught up, he was on a cbr-rr, I must say, I rode it, quite a screamer it is.

11. i wouldn't call cars that can pull those times off the showroom floor standard.

12. quite true, most stock cars on the road will tug along at 16-17, maybe 15s at best, dunnydores and falcadores with bent 8s will be lucky to hit a 13, 14s average i reckon.

13. Um maybe you have a different understanding of what standard is,standard is anything you can buy off the showroom floor that has no mods. New XR8s XR6Turbos, Commodore SS's etc all pull flat 14s and can get high 13s on a good day,WRX STis and Evos can pull mid 13s, stock cars matey :wink:

14. In a traffic light race to around 100 or so or more its not hard to beat stock xr8's, hsv's, xr6turbos. But a flat out run even something like a stock falcon wouldnt be that far behind and something like an xr6 turbo would pull a gap. A roll on thats another story altogether, 250's get wooped by a lot of things on the road in a roll on.

15. I've run a 14.2s 1/4 in my bog-standard wrx wagon, hardly an earth-shattering time or car by any means.

There are plenty of standard cars on the road that can whoop 250's. Saying that however, my mates modified Evo7 gives my bike a right whooping, even around a track!

16. I'd imagine it would be a case of especially around a track. :wink:

17. a guy i know ran a 13.9 on a zx2r. i think thats the fastest 250 time ive heard of. cbr250s and zx2rs consistently get around the 14 mark. mind you the guy that rode the 13.9 got scouted ride a busa apparently :shock:

18. really i know that a stock silvia does the qtr in around 14 secs, 250's do look quick looking at these statistics

19. Nice vid mate, awsome launch. I can tell you have done that before. :p

20. Can anyone host that clip anywhere else or e-mail it to me because it's not working for me :(