Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

250 Virago Blows off 250 ZZR at the lights!

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Pingu, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Well, I must admit it surprised me but , blow me down my little baby (venom virago) actually took on a 250 Kwaka ZZR and beat it. AND with a (slow) rolling start, also took on a 600 slingshot, and VOOM. beat it too.
    methinks the 600 was asleep :)

just joined the yamaha and virago cruisers club last night, nice bunch of cruiser lovers - I have finally found a place where i belong.

Loving the riding!

2. cool

Cool!!!, just watch out for the CBR125s though :LOL:
  3. Can I have some of the drugs you're on please? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. ^^^ As above :)

I have a ZZR, and a guy at work has a virago.....did the ZZR know you were racing?

oh, and yes, the 600 was asleep ;)
  5. Now hang on a mini, i already told you when it happened, that i let you win only coz it was your birthday. :p :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :LOL: :LOL: and you know very well that the 600 was asleep, and also 2 up, :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Wait...

You can beat my R1. Just let me get the keys out of the ignition first! :LOL:
  7. never underestimate the power of the Virago

well done to blow off the kwaka

8. Re: cool

Took the words right out of... :grin:

Next thread..."My 600 Slingshot beat an XV250 from the lights!!" :LOL:

Great bike choice though, Pingu :) I recommend the Virago to all my newbie cruiser friends.

Next thread: "The great battle! CBR125s vs XV250. Kings and Titans at war!"
  9. wow - your virago must have been the superbike that beat that ZX14 the other day :LOL:
  10. Well done mate, but when dragging on bikes of similar capacity it comes down down to skill.
  11. Is there something wrong with your ZZR :LOL: There is a lot more to it than skill between Virago and a ZZR.
    I know what my money would be on every time.
  12. Point is that just because you have more power doesn't mean you'll win. Course, I would pwn the virago, but I have leet skills :p $hit clutch and throttle control makes all the difference, I've seen 600's beat 1000s off the line in a drag - idiot americans who get 1000cc as their first bike and don't know how to handle it.
  13. I whole heartedly agree phizog, but the OP was saying how his 30hp (on a good day) Virago that maxes out at 120-130kmh blew off a ZZR.
    A scooter will blow off anything if the rider was asleep, unskilled or just not interested.
    Beating someone who was not interested or who wants to keep their license does not give the OP bragging rights IMHO.
    Assuming it was legal to race on the street, which would you rather be on a ZZR or Virago?
  14. I recall a post from Inci that a scooter he knows of (owns? or knows the owner perhaps???) will beat almost _any_ bike at least 0-30 or maybe even 0-60. Whatever he said, it was along the lines that either one certain scooter or possibly EVEN all certain types of scooters could blow almost any bike from 0-30 or 0-60, something like that. Pardon the hazy recollection of numbers, a slight sore shoulder and light pain killers for the short period I've been injured (not enough to qualify for horners SLW crew) gets in the way of thoughts at times ;)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't this one that he mentioned, tho it is QUICK > https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/News.htm (It's in a post he did I found using for using "scooter" in search on here.

FOUND THE THREAD! > https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29334&start=0

Read that :grin: :biker: :moped:
    > ...........................:blackeye:
  15. Virago. Because they're all class :grin:
  16. I agree... just ask any off the thursday night crew about my little beast.
    May struggle in the top end, but low down power is fantastic.
    I put my bike in for a new clutch today, they gave me a VT250 to ride for a few days.... pathetic POS it is, its got bling and plenty of it, but as far as power compared to my Virago, it doesn't have the goods.
    I look forward to upgrading but I will miss my nimble little beast.
  17. Yeah a virago beat my zx9 the other day :shock: But the red light camera beat the virago :p
  18. Whoops my bad. Good to know though, was starting to get worried I might have to trade my MR2 in on a Corolla. Still not much slower than a Virago though. Guess I'll replace it with:
    Holden VZ SS - 14.5 seconds (and there's plenty of those on the roads)