Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

$22 16gb micro sd - to good to be true?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Mar 21, 2010.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250599326599&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Sellers name is a random jumble of letters
    Zero feedback and no prior sales
    This only item they have for sale currently, but clearly have many of them.
    Item is half the price of other sales of the same item.
    Pretty much everything about the whole deal is suspicious

Will I lose my money?

Think I'll continue to watch and hold off purchasing until there are only a few left and purchases have made it to buyers who have left feedback.

2. So, worst case, you lose $22. Best case, you get a pretty good bargain. It's a better bet than a Lotto ticket :grin:.

Or you could just wait 3 months until memory gets still cheaper..........

3. you will lose your money. another NR lost their money in a simmilar thing a couple of weeks ago. check the $50 helmet cam thread.

just buy from a reputable guy. $20 will get you an 8gig card anyway

4. A common scam that used to go on with memory cards and mp3 players etc, was that they would advertise a larger size than it really is.

I once bought a 4GB mp3 player, and after i put on 2GB of music it started to slow down and crash repeatedly
    I followed a walkthrough I found online in how to format it a certain way (standard formatting still showed 4G8) and it turned out to be 1GB, which they just compressed to hold more stuff.
    Never had any issues again with 1GB of songs, apart from the fact I heard the same ones over and over :p

My bet is that it will work perfectly for the first ~4GB, but fill it up and you'll have all sorts of corruption dramas

-
    Chris

5. grabbed one for $35 off some bloke that seemed decent. feedback of couple thou and pretty positive.