Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News 2016 Yamaha FZ-09 and 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 Updates

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jun 5, 2015.

1. MT-09 and MT-07, the bikes remain pretty much unchanged from when they were released, which is both good and bad.

Good in that for the most part, they’re nearly perfect machines. The jerky throttle issue that plagued the MT-09 when it was originally released is now rectified, though the underwhelming front end suspension remains as is. It does retain the absolutely brilliant 847cc in-line 3-cylinder engine that makes it such an absolute joy to ride. New color schemes include Raven ($8,190) and Impact Blue ($8,190).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The MT-07 also returns as is but with new color schemes too which includes the aforementioned Raven ($6,990) and in our opinion, the brilliant looking Matte Silver ($6,990).

No doubt these updated color schemes will make their way into other markets as well. Our sources indicated that a non LAMS version of the MT-07 will make its way to Australia next year and that ABS will be made available on both it and the MT-09 for the 2016 model refresh too.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wow!! Love some of the new colour schemes. Be interesting to see which colours come here. Finally ABS is coming to the MT-07 as well.

Does anybody know when we start to see 2016 models arriving in dealerships?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good to hear they are brining the non LAMS MT-07 to Australia!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I wonder if it will make it difficult to police who is on a LAMS and who isn't! I rode an MT-07 this morning and for around town you just wouldn't need any more power. On the highway maybe if you were overtaking but I have not read of any complaints that is is a problem.
  5. Caught wind of this last week - after I had placed an order for an MT09A.....

Was sweating bullets until I read there was no update other than paint/colour scheme......

• Like Like x 1
  6. The colours on yours are awesome! The best of the available options by far. Next I would go for the deep armour with the gold fork.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Agreed.....

In the flesh the deep armour is very nice. I had a real hard time picking.
    However I am glad I went with 'boy racer' blue.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Many bikes already have LAMS and non LAMS versions.
  9. I was wondering what the FZ09 was called here. My last bike in the States was the Rapid Red one. The most impressive bike I've ever owned. I only had it for about 8 months and sold it when I moved over here. That bike ended up a minor celebrity, being outfitted by Motovation USA, signed by Colin Edwards then auctioned off to support Race for the Wounded. It's had a great life. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. I wonder what the price difference would be? LAMS is 38.5kw and the Non-LAMS is around 55kw I believe. I had all the power I needed when I rode one this morning.

My brother rode the MT-07 and the MT-09 back to back and he said it was a huge difference in power but that is 38kw v 85kw :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. That is sweet HurricaneHeatherHurricaneHeather. I've seen pictures of your bike (modified) before and thought it looked awesome!

Its strange how the USA call them FZ's and Europe, Asia and here call them MT's.
  12. I messaged Yamaha Australia to ask the if the new Blue and Silver was coming to Australia. They politely declined to comment re colour and arrival date!
  13. Just read in the latest MCN that Yamaha might be releasing a retro styled version of the MT-07 - it will be unveiled next week as a 'concept' but will be put into production next year. Also said there's likely to be a Tracer version of the MT-07 too.

Yamaha is kicking arse at the moment.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. How weird is that!! I have been searching all things MT-07 and I watched that video last night. Not my cup of tea but still great to see thinking outside the square.

On a side note I pick my shiny new MT-07 tomorrow afternoon :) :) :)

I do like this artists impression though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LOL not even. I can assure you that you will have no problem in this regard.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. A Mate of mine did the Penske / springs upgrade on his new 09 the other week - says it transforms the bike and well worth the money. Plenty of info available on the FZ09.org site for those interested.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. damedidamedi did you get white? Are you happy with that choice? I agonised over it but kept going back to the white so that is what I have decided on! I liked the grey but they are absolutely everywhere. I am trying to decide now that if I start adding some bling, what colour it would be?? I am thinking blue but there is already the red rear shock spring so maybe red. #firstworldproblems lol ;)
  18. Congrats on the new bike.
  19. #20 BitSar, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    On my wish list.
    I've been fiddling with the stock offering.
    Did some hard e-braking today (in a controlled environment officer)
    ~$1.60+ to as hard as I was daring - without tripping ABS
    Setup, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze.....

I took most of the dive out with the prime (setup) but the progressive squeeze just collapsed the front....
    Washed off more than half the buck 60 in reasonable distance......but it wasn't something for the feint hearted or uninitiated...

Looking at Stoltec and their setup you're in for ~$2K front and back.
    Still cheaper than a Triple R
    And I'll bet more reliable with more donk between your knees.

• Like Like x 1