Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2016 Triumph Daytona 675R

1. DarkHorse submitted a new Showcase Item:

2016 Triumph Daytona 675R

Read more about this showcase item here...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. So if you've had one from each generation, I'm dying to know which one you prefer?

3. Great bike, I have a 2015 Matte 675R :)

4. Oooo tough question...

TonaorigRside.
    I only had the first 08 for a couple of months before it met with an unfortunate end in the rain on Bell's Line of Road going down the hill into Lithgow. Not long enough to do any real customising or modding beyond what the previous owner had already done. It was a beautifully raw, connected feeling bike... if somewhat basic and unrefined.

IMG_20120223_184518.
    The 09 I had for 5 years, and we definitely grew and adapted to suit each other. Many dollars spent on screen, seat, levers, rearsets - everything that effected the direct interface between the bike and I was upgraded. The Ohlins shock also made a massive difference to the rear end feel, which had been improved with the new model but was still a bit skittish when pushing hard on less than perfect surfaces. Stock-for-stock it was definitely a better bike than the first gen, with all the little incremental improvements (engine management, fuelling, styling, suspension) adding up to a decent step up.

20160502_162038_zpswuatksyd.
    The 16 I have only had for a couple of weeks now - I am only just into the 6000rpm limited phase of the run-in after 550-ish km. Early impressions are that the 'interface' needs some work - levers and screen are on the way, rearsets and seat are firmly on the shopping list. The bike itself (as you'd hope being the 'R' model and costing a premium) feels like another incremental improvement. Power is up slightly, but even (or especially) low in the rev range it feels smoother and more responsive. Slipper clutch takes a bit of the fun out of it, and lessens the over-run pop and burble that was my favourite thing about the first bike even more... but is a good thing. I haven't ridden hard or wet enough to notice the ABS yet, so can't bag that yet. Quick-shifter will possibly be the least utilised bit of 'fruit' on the bike, but again reserving judgement until I can ride it hard. Ditto with the Brembos. The suspension is hard, but I'm confident that's just a case of tweaking to suit me. Styling is a little hit and miss for me, but that of course is intensely personal. I don't mind the subframe, and am getting a radiator guard and lever adjusters to add a bit more red. What I really don't like is the silver lower fairing, eyelids, air intake surround, or the white undertail. White! One panel!!! WHY?!?!?!?! The white bike has a black lower and undertail, so I will investigate swapping them out, or maybe just throw a bit more carbon fibre at it.

So I guess I can only say I loved the second one the most, but I am confident this one will be just as awesome in time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I disliked the silver fairings, that's why i did this..

IMG_1699.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. *Gasp* so beautiful!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I much prefer to look of the older models, a bit more curvy and fine. The newer ones seem to be copying the japanese styling and I think have lost the sexiness of the smooth line. Argh, gotta leave work now.... want to talk daytonaaaaaa aaaaa. dammit

8. based on looks alone - the 16

9. Told you it was a personal thing. ;)

I think the 2nd gen was the pic of them cosmetically. I much prefer the solid colour to the bitsy panels on the new ones - that's a very Japanese influence, but not a current one. If anything in the last couple of years the Japs have gone back to solid colour schemes except in the replica or special editions. I think that has accentuated the angles and corners rather than the curves - the front is still quite rounded, and while the tail is sharper it's still not angular.

Dem curves though:
    20160429_102223_zps5umkyf8t.

• Like Like x 2
  10. YAAAAAHHHHHHSSSS!!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about! Re-spray?

TaylorMade exhaust? Looks awesome. I want one. So much better than a big clunky cylinder hanging off the side.

11. Taylormade exhaust yes. Re-sprayed panels? no. It's actually 3M Carbon vinyl wrap! Did it all my self, and certainly tested my patience!

Here's a close up of what it looks like.

IMG_1093.

Another thing I did was change all the carbon parts from gloss to matte

IMG_1672.

It's hard to get a good picture, looks much nicer in person.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Beautifull. Nearly as nice as an MV! :cool:

[ducks and runs for cover]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. :eek: :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Even better, it actually goes, unlike an MV. Wanna hear what a motorbike is meant to sound like GeorgeOGeorgeO? (Again!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Correction - an MV always goes. Maybe only as far as the next coffee stop but it always goes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Slowly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well, we have to slow down so the Daytona's can keep up........

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. image.

Look at this thing for a minute. If it had a single sided swingarm it would be damn near perfect.

I'll have that with the new 800 triple engine and a single sided swing arm please Triumph.

....maybe gold rims too......

• Like Like x 1
  19. Triple engine - check
    800 - check
    Single sided swing arm - check
    Gold rims - check

images.

Jokes aside I like the price and sound of the Triumph more. The MV engine is magic though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. riding a good mates 2013 standard at the moment
    up against the 2010
    i think the motor is better but the suspension is still harsh
    the r though
    if the ohlins is as good as the ape stuff
    it would be the almost perfect ride
    much better than the shoddy ride of the f3 800

• Agree Agree x 1