Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse Uncovered

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jan 24, 2015.

1. #1 NetriderBot, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Documents filed with the California Air Resource Board show that Polaris owned Indian Motorcycles is looking to reintroduce the Indian Chief Dark Horse either later this year or early in 2016. The Dark Horse was a derivative of the still available Indian Chief and was sold from 2010 to 2013.

The document reveals that the 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse will use the same 1811cc V-twin engine as currently employed by both the current Indian Chief, Chieftain and Roadmaster. Weight however is indicated to be reduced by 10 kg over the standard Chief – a reduction that may well be across the model range should an update occur later this year.

Expect an announcement later this year.

Continue reading...
  2. Just thought i'd add to this, as it has been confirmed that the release for the Dark horse will be early next year.
    It will run the big thunderstroke twin, and looks absolutely amazing in my opinion. I've always wanted a new chief, but have been reluctant to shell out $30k+ of my hard earned for one. thinking it might be a birthday present next year.

(full story here: http://www.bikesales.com.au/content/news/2015/2016-Indian-Motorcycle-Dark-Horse-49114)
  3. Why has the bike in the pic have "105" on it and the article say it has the same 1811cc (111ci) motor?
  4. No pics of the bike have been released yet, most are either of existing similar bikes in Indian's range or models photoshopped to remove all the chrome and are, at best, a good guess.
  5. That was the previous Dark Horse, i think it was discontinued a number of years ago.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Nice, I'd probably change the levers to black though.