Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2015 Yamaha R1

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by RRdevil, Nov 4, 2014.

1. #1 RRdevil, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  2. That's $30k AUD for the base. You could get a hp4 for that! *pokes the bear*
  3. To be honest not really a fan of the front end. Although I like the front on the 2014 S1000RR so we're probably going to disagree on that @RRdevil@RRdevil .
  4. I doubt it'll be $30k aud. Imports have a strange pricing system.

I'm thinking we will see $22k for the standard model and around $30k for the M model
  5. The out going bike is a much prettier bike. I can't say I'm a fan of this new look. The side profile and tail are nice but the pipe, and all the fairings just look I don't know... clinical, soul less?
  6. Love the new look, the old one was getting very dated and reminded me of a cocroach
  7. IMG_1109673637617590. IMG_1109678376641182. IMG_1109693897063883.
    I really really like it. Might ring yamaha dealer to find out when the first one will hit australia
  8. LOL at the passenger foot pegs. Really need to be a crack smoking hooker to even think about getting on the back lol
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Very nice. I like it much better than the old one.
  10. I like it.... Damn there are a lot of nice bikes coming out that I want.

That tail is so sweet
  11. I just hope the japs begin to compete with the S1000RR... really annoying seeing all these reviews about how great it is (and hell it is a great bike after riding one) whilst the Jap manufacturer's sitting back. But definitely looks the part the new R1!
  12. I cant get used to those headlights! The LED's look great in the night shot, but the two spot light looking things in the daylight look silly!

The rest looks great!
  13. I'd love one of these bikes. So cool. Id never be able to use it to its potential, but it would be sweet to own anyway. It looked weird at first, but it keeps growing on me. Even those headlights!
  14. you serious i love that front end and the mirrors so solid
  15. AMCN's Paul Young pinning the new R1 around SMP
  16. [​IMG]
    that front end though lol