Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2015 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Sport

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Tall_Rider, Jun 1, 2016.

1. I am looking at buying a brand new Hyosung GV650 Aquila Sport as my first bike. If you happen to own one (or have owned one), I would really appreciate getting any feedback regarding this bike you may have.

2. I have a 2014 Gv650 classic, and have had no major issues except the bloody awful radiators. 24,000km's and i have already cracked 2 of them. I am not sure if this affects the sports model, but I couldnt really recommend it for this reason alone.

Which is a shame, as its a fantastic bike otherwise. I have had some issues with rough idling/stalling, but that has always been temporary, not lasting too long, and my dealer suspects it was a fuel quality problem. i think this may be correct, I get bulk fuel delivered to home, and the issue seems to have mysteriously resolved itself shortly after a new delivery of fuel on 2 occasions. Other than that, its a great bike. Oh, i buggered up a drive belt, but i think this was caused by all the gravel/dirt roads i go on. Dirt is abrasive, it gets into EVERYWHERE, and it wore down the teeth on the pully, which wore down the belt.

And I got a punctured tyre too. Was a bugger, tyre had only done a 1000km's or so, but not the bikes fault.

As for Classic vs Sport: My dealer said the seat is more comfy on the classic. I personally prefer the look of the classic too, and, unrestricted, i believe it is the more powerful, however, i think the sport model is the more powerful one if unrestricted. My Classic is very powerful in my opinion (but I dont have much to compare it too, only old farm bikes). The fenders on the Classic also go a lot further down, so to provide the bike much better protection from gravel. I recon mine would be wrecked by now if i got a Sport. But this may not concern you if your a townie.
  3. My brother has the 2011 Sport and likes it. He's had two problems with it, one was self inflicted. He bottomed out on a speed bump and bent the side stand switch which would then get stuck and stall the bike when he put it in gear, replacing the switch fixed the problem. His other problem was fixed under warranty. The coil packs failed and were replaced under warrantly. The ones replaced under warranty also failed, so the second replacement was with Genuine Suzuki items (Identical to the Hyosung items), he hasn't had a problem since. The only other issue with the bike is a lack of ground clearance when cornering but that has to do with the style of the bike.
  4. I had a loan of one of those from a dealer and it seemed like a decent thing to ride.
  5. I've owned 2 of them and had heaps of fun. One needed a new stator. Other than that very reliable, I took the restrictor off mine. You won't pass your P test on it though so u will have to hire s bike for that.
  6. Hyodung... Enough said.
  7. With as much bias aside as possible...

I've just been down this road, and with the price of the Hyosung brand new only slightly cheaper, go and have a look at the Kawasaki Vulcan S. For the amount of different bikes I got on, this thing just felt right!
  8. The Hyosung is a bigger bike than many of the LAMs cruisers.
    I couldn't fit on a Yamaha 650, but the Hyosung was a good fit. If you're tall it might come down to fit and comfort.
    It's a shame you aren't allowed to ride over 650cc, as the bigger Yamahas such as the 1300 are much better sized.
  9. I am a 194cm tall and the Hyosung seems like a really good fit.
  10. The biggest down side to the Hyosung is the resale value, They are a bit cheaper to buy, but lose a lot more than the more established brands and are much harder to sell when you want to update.
  11. The Vulcan has an ergo-fit (or something like that) system now. They have three different seats to allow for different body lengths, & the foot-pegs can be placed in three different positions as well. But you can't go wrong with whatever feels best for you.