Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2015 Boulevard

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Pepper, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Quick question, I hope it's in the right spot.
    Are the 2015 boulevards restricted? Reason I ask is because the missus has her heart set on one and she will want to keep it for a while. She is hoping that once on her open license she can have a bit more oomph.

2. To the best of my knowledge, Boulevards are not a LAMS bike, therefore there's no reason for them to be restricted.
  3. The S40 is lams and the C50 is in ACT. The S40 only has a thimble size fuel tank and hasn't been here very long to have many reviews.
  4. Yes it's the s40.
    Small fuel tank is no issue. It will be used mainly around town or the occasional trip 80km up to walcha.
    So being a lams bike it would be restricted?
  5. No need to be restricted. LAMS is power to weight, and <650cc (except ACT). It's max power is 31hp and 50Nm and weighs 173kgs from what I see.

Still it might be good for a long term proposition. If cruising is the thing. But you can't de-restrict it later to release shackled ponies - they don't exist.
  6. Thanks mate. I guess I was expecting a bit more from a 650.
  7. well, some of us had to ride 250's!

Take it for a test ride, take some other similar bikes for a ride. The only way your going to know what you like, and what you want is to ride everything.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dead right TheraThera, 15 + months on a bike of no more than 250cc. Although there wasn't a huge choice between 250 and 750, much greater choice these days.
  9. On the 30min test ride I did with the S40 it hauled my 80kgs around no worries.

Forget the hp figure, torque is what matters in a cruiser and it has plenty.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1