Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured 2014 XVS 650 Windshield recommendations

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Gudpert, May 4, 2015.

1. I have been searching for a while for a decent windshield, but given the number of options I am a bit lost. I don't want to pay the price for a manufactures windshield I see on the Y Shop.

Anyone out there that has fit an aftermarket windshield for an XVS 650 and is happy can you give some advice please.

2. I purchased a National Cycles "Switchblade" screen from ZPower in NSW over the internet. I am tall and wanted a tall screen so I settled upon their "2 up windshield" It can be removed and re-installed quickly. They have a few other styles which can be swapped over on the same mounts. Almost indestructible. Strong wind catches it a little but I got used to it fairly quickly. There are a number of videos on you tube and National Cycles web site. Not the cheapest but I am secure that a rock thrown up by a truck or something will not penetrate it or shatter it in my face. I wear a Shoei open face helmet with a peak. I get a little buffeting at highway speeds but if I take the peak off I find it disappears. I have read may complaint about buffeting and some add lower deflectors but I have not had a problem. Except for the legs I find the screen also helps keep me dryer in showers and the cold air away.