Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2014 VT400C Solo Seat backrest and Rack Help

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by NickVT400, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Hello Fellow Cruisers,

Very new to all this seems that the VT400 is not a international bike and is an Australian model only.

I really like the look of this ,

Honda VTX1300 Driver Backrest And Luggage Rack

http://www.motorcyclewebsite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d80_Honda_Sissybars.html

7291_h.

I definitely want the curved luggage rack to show off the back fender
    anyone have the fixed back rest is it a problem getting your leg over ?

What model Honda Parts can i purchase i read somewhere Honda Shadow AERO ?
    Bit worried as I have the 2014 model and website only goto 2009 or 2013 etc

Thanks in advance...for any suggestions or links etc.

Nick VT400

2. #2 White Shadow, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Hi Nick your vt 400 is the same bike as the vt 750 aero except the cylinders have been sleeved down to reduce capacity. For all the skinny on Honda shadows and to meet a great bunch of guys check out http://hondashadowriders.proboards.com/
    Cheers
    Azza

3. Thanks mate

4. Hi Nick, in reply to your first query, re getting you leg over, I guess it depends on your height.
    I'm about 6 foot and never have a problem with my sissy bar /back rest, but I know sometimes my pillion has more difficulty if I have a backpack or something tallish attached behind it.
    You might need to alter your mounting style a little ( more knee bend over the tank, rather than swinging your leg over the rear ) but you'll get used to it.

5. 6'4" hopefully it will be okay
    No Pillions for me , as it will be a solo seat.

Thanks for the reply.. All i need to do is buy one and hope it fits
    fingers crossed

6. I bought my ones (current bike and previous) from a HK manufacturer. Pretty good quality at less than half the price of the factory ones. I can look up the company details if you'd like.
    The spares and accessories websites always take forever to get their models and fitments updated. Most years there's not much difference. To be sure you would have to send the supplier all of the measurements that it needs to fit.

7. Hello stever42,

That would be great if you could send me those details.

Thanks in advance

8. Hi Nick,
    I bought a sissy bar and rack to suit my XVS650 from gobid88. It was pretty good quality. I'm still using the back rest on my current sissy bar.

For the XVS1100 I bought a rack to match the genuine Yamaha Sissy Bar from Kakahc . Again, pretty good. Not as well plated or made as genuine, but pretty good. Email was Kakahc shop@ Yahoo.com.HK

These guys were both on Hong Kong EBay, so might not show up if you only search for Aussie sellers. They were both happy to answer queries as much as they could, and check measurements.

Hope it helps.

9. NickVT400,
    Have a look at item 150960761315
    That will get you to Gobid's shop

10. Did you end up buying this setup Nick?