Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2014 CFMoto 650TK

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Nick Ling, Jul 30, 2014.

1. I am thinking about getting the 2014 CFMoto 650TK as I intend to do mostly mid to long range touring riding. I am on a restricted licence so I am referring to the LAMS version. I know that the 2013 model had some issues, but I am hoping that a lot of these have been resolved. I would like to hear from any NR member who has any experience with the 2014 model. I have a general idea of its performance, so am more interested in reliability and quality issues.

2. you get what you pay for, this has been said to me by someone who sells them
  3. That will be a tough bike to re sell when it's time to move on. For $7500 I would be looking at a 2 year old ninja 650l
  4. Last year Australian Motorcyclist Magazine and the CFMoto distributor asked a couple of FarRiders to ride CFMoto 650TKs from Byron Bay to Denham in Western Australia and back - 10200kms or so of long distance touring.

They did it in under 6 days :wideyed:

Here's a link to the story:

http://cfmoto.com.au/Coast to Coast Publication_650TK.pdf