Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2013 Ninja ZX6R is a 636

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Ausfox, Sep 14, 2012.

1.  Top
  2. Full marks for the use of IoM. Tidy looking bike.

3. There has been quite a bit of info showing it to be a 636, nice to have the official reveal now.

What I would like to see is a dyno graph showing the last 3 generations of ZX6 and this new one. So the last 636 (05-06), the 07-08 600, the 09+ 600 and the new 636.

4. Cant wait to have a crack on one of these, the old 636 was a little beasty :D

5. Hope it's got some fat mid range beefiness

6. The Japanese STILL haven't mastered the subtleties of English, have they? "37cc more power" :LOL:

I agree with Lilley, too, the 600s are a revvy bunch with not much in the middle range for the 90% of normal riding....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kawasaki 2013 ZX-6R "636" {Moved from General}

New 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636cc! (well revive anyway)​

Kawasaki is definitely styling all of their sport bikes to look like the ZX-10R and they are doing a great job!

2013-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R-web.

Source: http://www.kawasaki.com.au/news/general-kawasaki-news/item/588-kawasaki-unveils-2013-ninja-zx-6r

8. awesome they filmed the Aussie ad on the old road!

9. Re: Kawasaki 2013 ZX-6R "636"

Nice dustbin they've used for the exhaust.

10. Re: Kawasaki 2013 ZX-6R "636"

Dont like the dint in the tank. I do like the indicators tho.

11. Can't wait to see a real review on it.

See how much different it is.

12. The reality is though, that people buy from the brochure - just by seeing how many r6's there are on the road compared to any other 600.

13. Just read a AMCN review on this....

The new big-bore 636 is touted to make more power and torque than the newly refined and refuelled 2013 Daytona 675 lump......game on

14. still prefer the 05-06 looks wise... bit biased though.

636 is always superior.

15. Sounds good, might have to be my next bike in a year or so once some start hitting the 2nd hand market and the first hit of depreciation is taken by someone else.

16. I was kinda thinking the same...... Take one second hand as a sweet track bike...... If the last 636 is anything to go by, this motor should be killer.

17. I was up there the day they filmed that. Was only a week or so ago.

I really like the bike, the look, the engine, everything really.

18. completely off topic but anyone recognise the boots the guy in the Aussie video is wearing?

I'm looking to get some new ones and they caught my eye.

19. AMCN has a "first test" review on the 2013 zx-6r in the latest issue.

They seem very positive about it - the gist that I got from the article was that the revisions over the previous year model help to make it more street friendly, while still maintaining it's heritage..

I recommend having a read of the article if you're interested..

I'm looking forward to seeing these on the showroom floors now - hopefully we haven't got too much longer to wait now..

20.  Top