Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2013 Hyo...cut and tap bar ends to replace?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by monkeyboy666, Oct 18, 2013.

1. #1 monkeyboy666, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Here's a quick question...I want to fit a helmet hook http://totaldesignz.myshopify.com/to my bar end and there's no screw in the bar weight...I assume I'd have to have them cut and tapped in order to fit the helmet hook, then fit new bar ends?

I don't have the tools or know how to do it and couldn't be arsed paying to have it done...so I just wanted to confirm cutting and tapping is my only option.
  2. Cutting and tapping the Hyo bar ends is the only option.

but why not just use the hooks under the seat?

Lift seat hook helmet lock seat back down.
  3. I don't know about you guys but I just hang the helmet off the mirror. Never had a problem or thought it would get thieved. Not sure where you guys live but where I'm from no-one would want a sweaty stinky helmet anyway
  4. Or of course you could just take your helmet with you. It's quite deflating to come back to your bike to see only the helmet strap still connected to the lock.

5. ...or someone has stuffed half a greasy left-over hamburger in there...or thrown up in it...or urinated in it...or its been raining and now you have half a helmet worth of lovely fresh natural helmet-water...or that spider you didn't know was living on your bike has found a lovely new abode...
  6. So you've been to Wagga then....
  7. lol....hell yes. but i didn't inhale...

i grew up in canberra mate. spent the first 40 years of my life playing havoc around the riverina, SE region.
    • Funny Funny x 1