Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2013 Aprillia Shiver ABS

Average User Rating:
4/5,
  1. Jem submitted a new showcase item:

2013 Aprillia Shiver ABS

Read more about this showcase item...

2. Sweet! If I had a different budget, that bike would certainly have been on the top of my list!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy her :)

3. Thanks Nina, it was certainly a heart winning over head decision.

4. Yep, sometimes you just have to listen to your heart :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lovely, lovely, lovely....

Congratulation Jem - she is a peach!

But hey I'm biased :D

Enjoy getting to know her.......once you've had a strong V-Twin and figure out how to wrestle it I doubt you could want anything else!

Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm undecided between this, a MV Brutale 675 or a Striple ... too many nice midweight bikes ...

7. Here's a few shots for ya Jem.

The Shiver Appreciation Thread :D

IMAG0261.

IMAG0259.

IMAG0342.

IMAG0380.

IMG_20121207_203049.

We'll have to get them together for a Red Vs. White shot :D

With this bike - there is no bad choice.......

8. This is one Italian bike that I'd consider buying! Neat paint scheme as well. Congrats.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That is what it got down to for me as well, never quite felt comfortable on the striple too far forward I think. It came down to where the torque was in the end between the Shiver and the 675. The Shiver delivers it earlier and given i am basically a commuter that made the call for me plus the sound it makes withe the Akras

Thanks everyone for your positive comments.

Cheers Jeremy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Congratulations, looks great and I am sure it will be a hoot to ride

• Like Like x 1

11. Mine will be a commuter too. I cross the West Gate every single day. I used to be deadset on a Monster 796 until I took the Striple for a ride. Haven't ridden the Shiver yet I have to admit. I was a big fan of the Brutale but I'm not so sure it's a good commuter bike ... Got a few more months to decide anyways.

12. Yeah I came to the same conclusion about the Brutale as well, but F##k it's sexy !!

13. PS - Bit out of your way but A1 in Ringwood have a 2011 Shiver that is available to test ride

14. @Jem , congrats nice looking bike and nice sound too :) am sure you'll be smiling for a long time. color scheme is a nice one too, great contrast in colors without lookin dicky

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a damn sexy machine.

• Like Like x 1