Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2012 Teknic Chicane jacket

Discussion in 'Jackets' started by QuarterBlade, Mar 30, 2012.

1. about a month ago I bought the new 2012 Teknic Chicane fully perforated leather jacket. All i can say is wow...
    So I know user reviews are always somewhat bias because lets face it, nobody really wants to believe a product that they payed for is rubish but this jacket is amazing.

very easy to move around in and the knox armor is very light and doesnt bulge. The only thing is it makes wearing a backpack somewhat uncomfortable. The perforation spread is great. even get some on the whiplash/spine protector that gives you a really nice chill when you tuck in. the zips feel very well made with extra long tabs so getting in those pockets with gloves on isn't an issue.

The perforated one does not come with inner lining just some breathable mesh with a pocket. doesn't quite fit my George Costanza wallet and would not trust my phone in it. All the stitching on the jacket is amazing until it comes to that poxy little pocket on the inside of the jacket.

So i'm sure you are saying to yourself, yeah my Alpinestar one is just as good! my Dainese one is the best in the whole wide world!

well this one cost me $385 AUD including express DHL delivery charges from America. There is also a non perforated and I would highly reccomend this jacket over any Joe Rocket space man silver (P)leather jacket.
    4 1/2 stars.
    pic below

2. I have an earlier model Chicane jacket which has been worn daily (except in wet weather) for the last 5 years.
    Nothing has worn out, nothing has broken, just has some minor scuffing on the coloured panels around the pockets.
    This jacket flows plenty of air. I use a 100 wt. fleece underneath it in cold weather.
    Treat it with leather dressing every so often to keep it in good condition.
  3. thanks for the tip will do