Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2012 Queensland Motorcycle Fatalities, analysis/trends

Discussion in 'Research, Studies, and Data' started by Mikey213, Apr 23, 2012.

1. http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...otorcycle-deaths/story-e6frfku0-1226336028400

Not in victoria but still sad news... the only details being that one rider may have been on the other side of the road..

2. Re: 2012 Victorian Motorcycle Fatalities, analysis/trends

Police explanation on 6pm news was 2 riders headed around a curve (double-white lines) with 2 mopeds headed in opposite direction (one moped carrying a pillion). TV footage showed 2 bikes mangled together - one appeared to be a sports bike.

The lead rider was said to have crossed double-centre line into the path of the first moped rider. Both riders killed. A woman travelling behind on the second bike swerved to miss the prang and crashed herself but walked away (she looked reasonably well geared up). 2 others in hospital (guessing the other 2 on the mopeds.)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've got a photo of the above mentioned incident at gold coast that I was going to start a different thread about it in general but can't see how I can do it without speculation so left it out
  4. Re: 2012 Victorian Motorcycle Fatalities, analysis/trends

I put that GC incient in the scooter safer than moto study by a QLD uni study thread I put up a few days ago..
    Thought timing straight after the study release warranted it.