Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2012 Ninja 650 / ER-6n Throttle Body

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by TimTams, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have a 2012 ninja 650 (or ER-6n) and the throttle body on it has literally broken, due to me twisting the throttle a bit hard... I don't know how it happened... it wasn't even THAT hard. I lent the bike to a friend a few days before it happened, so I suspect some tampering/abuse but can't prove it. Moving on, does anyone know where I can get a new throttle body for this bike? Kawasaki want to charge me over a grand for it.

PS that's the throttle body where the injectors/air intake are, nothing to do with the twist grip on the handlebar

EDIT: no it isn't covered by warranty as it's user damage.
  2. I find it hard to believe that twisting the throttle could apply enough force to break the throttle body, unless there was an existing manufacturing fault. If you suspect your mate is capable of tampering with your new bike, why is he your mate?
  3. if it hasn't been tampered with I'd be pushing pretty hard for a warranty repair.If you have no knowledge of this being the case let the dealer prove otherwise.