Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2012 Hyosung GT250R EFI - Idle Sputtering

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Probablyraging, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Hi, yesterday afternoon the FI light on my dash came on about 20km from home, with no noticeable problems I continued on home, got home without a problem as well. Was fairly busy once home so had no time to try figure out why the FI light came on.

Today I went out and started it up, the FI light remained on even when idling which is unusual. Everything seemed fine for a few minutes while it idled but once it was warmed up I noticed the revs were jumping from 1.5k - 2k every few seconds. So I let it idle for a little longer and within a few more minutes the revs started dropping below 1.5k and sounding like it was about to stall, but never did. It continued this for about 10-15 minutes.

I figured I would try and ride it to see if I noticed any other problems and immediately when pulling out of my drive way, I tried to get my revs up but it just didn't do anything for a fraction of a second and then all of a sudden it just started reving, almost through me off the bike. Same thing happened after shifting to 2nd, no revs when rolling on the throttle after shifting for a few seconds and then all of a sudden REVS!

So yeah, I'm not really sure what I am looking for but any help to point me in the right direction would be great.

Also, I should mention, a couple weeks ago some local douche bag ripped a bunch of wires out of my bike, which have since been replaced but may have caused some problems? I actually posted a thread about this on these forums.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Bump.

Still having issues if anyone can help.

3. Figure out how to extract the engine fault codes, or take to mechanic

Maybe wires replaced incorrectly, may be something different
  4. You need dealer mode:

dealer mode on 2013 gt250r?

Sorry i haven't got time to research for your bike, but plenty of threads if you search 'hyosung 250 fi codes dealer mode'
    • Like Like x 1