Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2012 GSXR600 forks

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Kev650, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Just wondering if I am able to fit the gsxr 600 forks on my 2010 gladius

2. probably but don't take my word for it

3. The short version - yes.

GSXR front end is a common mod on the SV/Gladius.

I can't remember now what mods are required exactly

4. Cheers

5. Plenty of things to check up on first. Probably won't fit directly into your triple clamps. So may need matching triple clamps as well. Need gsxr600 front guard, brakes and discs and possibly wheel too. When using triple clamps from a different model often the steering lock won't work. Need to look at the length of the forks too. If the gsxr forks are shorter this is a problem, longer not a problem as you can have them sticking out the top of your triples as need be, although this looks rather crap IMO. Check out the forums for your specific bike. Most will have posts re upgrading to upside down radial brake forks as it is a popular mod. They will tell you which model/year fork is the most straightforward swap.
    Most importantly what are you looking to achieve through all this? Is it more for aesthetics or performance?