Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2011 Yamaha FZ6R & 2010/2011Ninja650RL

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by pengo, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Hey

I tested a Ninja 650RL today, good bike but before I make my final descion I want to try out the FZ6R. I do notice that the throttle at least on the 2010 model is a lot more restricted than on the Ninja 650RL.

I'm just wondering has Yamaha addressed this so there is more give like on the Ninja650RL with the 2011 FZ6R? Or is it still the same?

I know I could remove the throttle restriction but I prefer not to, just so I don't have any insurance problems. So would prefer a bike's stock standard throttle restriction to be right (the Ninja 650RL is fine).

Is it too early to expect dealers to have a 2011 FZ6R demo bike? I think it might be, as the dealers I've been too all seem to have the 2010 model (white/red).

Also the Ninja650RL I tested was a 2010 model, it was fine but as I will be getting a 2011 model if I do go the Kawasaki what are the differences/revisions between the 2010 and 2011 model? Also I heard there being something of a recall of the 2010 model due to its ABS?

2. The FZ6R is no longer on the LAM's list in either NSW or Vic, there has been another thread about this subject recently, if you buy one it will not be learner legal...
  3. I'm in QLD if it helps.