Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r short term review

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MYOMNOMS, Oct 30, 2011.

1. G'day all,

So I've had my 11 ninja 250r for about 6-7 months now (time flies when you're having fun :p ) and I've clocked up just shy of 4000km on her using here to commute 4 days a week and as something to be a knob one on the other 3 days.

So far I have had no issues whatsoever, not even minor issues. Well one time i did lose a bolt that held the fairing on and had to hold the fair with my knee to get to the hardware store, but that's hardly the bikes fault. I followed the hard break-in rules, revving it right up and using lots of engine braking and have seen no negative affects.

this was my first road bike and I would recommend it to any would-be learner in a heartbeat! the power is smooth to come on and not easily accessed by accident, the transmission, whilst clunky, is very clear to let you know what you've done and the positive neutral finder, annoying at times, is a great feature for beginners (I'm sure it's saved me the embarrassment of stalling at the lights a few times!) .The redesigned dials on the 2011 are very easy to read, and surprisingly dead-on accurate, The brakes are plenty for this little thing, pulling me up nicely even in the wet and the OEM tyres have plenty of grip.

Now we enter the complaints section . . .

The seat is simply not very good, sure it's gripy enough to keep my arse off the kerb, but it's about as comfortable as sitting on my creepy uncles lap as a child (sorry, I'm a sucker for paedophilia jokes). The pillion seat is a cruel reminder by Kawasaki that I'll never date a girl small enough to fit on it and the fuel gauge is as accurate as Andrew Bolt. It also might be worth mentioning that due to the jetting of the bike, it's gutless in the low-mid range, but this does help new riders from feeling intimidated to wind it up.

Overall this bike is a beautiful machine with zero major fault and very few otherwise, that I intend to keep until it is beyond repair, and would highly recommend it to any new rider, even taller riders may find this a comfortable bike.

Thanks for reading