Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2011 HD Forty Eight

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Seko, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For Sale.. Again... -

2011 (MY12) Harley Davidson Forty Eight
    Black Paint.
    1200cc Vtwin 5 Speed Gearbox.

Bought and serviced at Fraser Motorcycles in August 2011 - only 2600kms on the clock. Over $1200 worth of extras which include S & S mufflers, Screamin eagle super tuner and heavy breather kit.

Always garaged, excellent condition. All original parts included with bike. Rego until August 2012.

Will not disappoint. $15600ono for a quick(ish) sale.

0450 925 391.
  2. Lol what now

By the way, how many k's does she get out of a tank?
  3. only $1200??
  4. tis a new bike, why are you selling it?
  5. Well I guess the bug has bitten again...

Selling the Harley to buy another Ducati - either a 848 for a bit of track work or a monster S4R.

Never really thought I'd buy a Harley Davidson. But I had always liked the styling of the 40's and 50 HD's and when I saw the Forty Eight, I had to have one. Its a great bike and alot of fun to ride but I find myself selling and buying new bikes every 6 - 12 months. Too many bikes to try out!

goz - Never tested it. Harley claim that you can get 160km out of a tank when the bike is stock. I'm not 100 percent sure how much you'd get with the super tuner and pipes.

What, not enough? If I put a few more extras on will you buy the bike? :-s
  6. mate if I had that sort of money and you were in melbourne I'd come over and buy the bike off you right now, I'm just surprised that those mods only amounted to a bit over 1200, I thought harley mods were outrageously expensive.
  7. Ahhh no worries :).. Yeah the aftermarket parts arent that expensive. The slip on S & S mufflers were roughly $600, maybe $300 for the super tuner + the new filter kit and labour. Made a hell of a difference.

I think genuine HD parts are where the $$ hurt. I wanted to put a spring solo saddle on the bike.. For the leather saddle plus the kit to secure it to the bike (springs etc) is about $600, and just for a side mounted number plate holder is about $250. There are however plenty of companies out there that make parts for the HD (different shapes/sizes/colour/$$$), just depends on how you want to customize it.

Ill probably buy another Forty Eight later down the track.
  8. price dropped!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.