Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW 2011 fatal accident - Any follow up?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Deadsy, May 20, 2012.

1. Another fatal accident on Putty Road reminded me of a double fatal from April 2011 in which an overtaking ute killed two riders:

The only piece of follow up information I could find is from July 2011:

The link no longer works, it seems the police media archives don't go that far back. I only found it since it was posted on the oroadsports forums at the time.

Does anyone know what actually happened in this case?
  2. Funny you should mention this; in reporting today's fatality and serious injury crash, news.com.au said There have been several fatal crashes on Putty Rd at Mellong in recent years - including in November 2011 when two motorcyclists died after hitting a ute.
  3. Why wouldn't it say 'ute hits 2 riders' or am I just being paranoid?
  4. I guess it depends on who writes the reports. I don't remember the original incident, so I don't know who hit who, just passing on the way it was reported again today....
  5. I'm pretty sure they're all there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find court records online...
  6. If you are looking at AustLII then it *I believe* doesn't have all results, only those that are notable in some way.