Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2011 Ducati 848 evo

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by c0rrupt, Nov 18, 2010.

1. yeah the 848 is a great little bike,
  2. Looks hot. If they brought out a naked version I may be tempted.
  3. Very Sexy...
  4. so so so close to getting the dark version!
    me wantee
  5. naked 848 would be a waste of time.

they look nice with the tupperware anyway.

its a lot of money to spend to impress your buddies
  6. If you want a naked, road-useable Ducati around 800cc in size, you've got Monster 800... what's wrong with it?
  7. Theres nothing wrong with it but its aesthetics don't appeal to me. On the other hand the 848 well that's a different story.
  8. 848 is a different story because it isn't a naked bike. But you said you want naked... But Streetfighter is not to your liking and Monster aesthetics don't appeal to you either.
    How would you like that 848-based naked bike to be styled then, just out of curiosity?
  9. A bit more upright seating position and less fairings around the engine and headlight.

Not that I don't like the sf but it's a bit too big and would be costly to run as a day to day bike compared to the 848.
  10. Get a 2011 Monster 1100 Evo then.
  11. The monsters just don't appeal to me. The sf does to a certain degree but not enough for me to go out and buy one. There are plenty of other bikes to choose from.
  12. I believe they now have an 800cc Hypermotard in their lineup - AMCN reviewed one and said it was a hell of a thing, and actually more fun than the 1100.

And yes, I also reckon the 848 looks pretty damn good. Its specs are certainly right up there... but then again they'd want to be for the price.

- boingk
  13. The dark is nice, but I love the white one with the red... just wow.
  14. Did they steal the "evo" name from Harley?
  15. No - they made them an offer they couldn't refuse