Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2011 dr650

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Orb, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Picked this up on Saturday.
    "Nice" 200km trip to get her home through mud, gravel, flood water, some twisty hills and several swarms of grasshoppers, 99% of which ended up on... rather over me and not the bike :LOL: Fingers crossed I did a good job on the run in over the trip, we will have to see. Bloody scary rideing a "tall" bike! Sure I will get over it soonenough :D

Upgrades and plans... a set of these for the engine http://www.motorcycleproducts.org/Engine_Guards/DR650SE_Guards/DR650SE.htm, maybe a new seat 8-[, probably going to learn to ride the hell out of it before doing any performance mods. Want to replace the deathwings soon as well. Yet to ride at night but so not sure how good the stock headlight is but I'm making plans for the Buell lightning mod... apparently they can melt cars :D

Might take a better photo tomorrow... or go for a few rides :D
  2. Cool bike.
  3. nice ride, won't be long until PatB (i think) will post in here. he loves the big dr's
  4. heard nothing but good things!
  5. Nice..
    Wouldn't mind getting a chook bike...