Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2010 Triumph Daytona 1050

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by saba, Jan 15, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. If that pictures legit...I WANT one! :)
  3. From another forum about a week ago:

Of course, this is only what is being fed to the public...
    Does PB say where they got this lash-up?
    It does look nice, but I don't think the 1050 motor would worry the litre superbikes much, and for this reason I doubt it's real.
  4. But on the other hand...
  5. Indicators are as big as the headlights.
  6. I love it.
  7. Bad photoshop nastiness

Daytona 675 rear subframe, seat, and pillion and rider pegs
    Speed Triple 1050 frame, wheels, and swing-arm
    Ducati indicator mirrors
    04-07 CBR1000RR rear cowl, with silly pillion seat log

Pure fancy.

I'm personally of the opinion that if Triumph were ever going to produce a big Daytona superbike, they'd do it at an 1100cc capacity to split the 1000cc I4 and 1200cc 2 capacity rules for WSBK (even though WSBK rules presently only allow for 1000cc triples).
  8. this is shit hot! :cool: even if it is a photo shop

9. now that you mention it, you can see the joins. It doesnt look right, just where the tank buts up to the frame.
  10. clearly not real, but either way darn sexc, nice job in design.
  11. A factory source is said to have been asked about a rumoured new 1200cc triple and Daytona that would use it.

Allegedly it went something like:

Q: "Will there be a new 1200 Daytona?"

A: "There will not be a 1050 Daytona."

Q: "OK, but will there be a 1200..?"

A: "There will not be a 1050 Daytona.."

Make of that what you will.

They need a new large capacity triple for several models, IMO. The 1050 is based on the earlier 955 that dates back a long way now.
  12. Plenty of bikes have a similar gap between tank and frame - look at the VTR1000F for a prime example:

Otherwise, I love the design, even if it is fantasy. Very Audi headlights. I hope Trumpy do have a shot at a 1000+ 'Tona - 1125 would sit quite nicely between Japan inc and 1200 twins, and is within range to use the existing 1050 as a basis. No reason WSB couldn't ammend rules like they have for Ducati the last couple of years...
  13. Wow. :shock:

I love those headlights! Very nice design. They probably haven't made it yet because it would be illegal to have that much midrange. :cool:
  14. Hope they build it.... and soon!

Triumph seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment design wise.
  15. Another $hitty photoshop by a bored Journo on a slow news week.