Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW 2010 Ninja 650rl throttle restriction bolt

Discussion in 'Wanted' at netrider.net.au started by StoneandWood95, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys first time poster in a bind.

I need a throttle restriction bolt for a 2010 ninja 650rl. I bought the bike off this as$h0le who despite mentioning that he did derestrict the bike for a sunday lap around his home, told me that he put both restrictions back in. The CPU chip (wire) restriction thingo is in under the seat (tick) however the throttle restriction bolt is missing as I opened up under the fairing to double check it last week.

I got in contact with the bloke but he's gone quiet. Obviously has lost the throttle restriction torx bolt.

MY QUESTION TO YOU GUYS

Can someone send me a decent high res picture of the entire bolt??? or provide a link of where to get one on ebay etc?? I know it's a torx t20 bolt but not sure how long it is etc. I've called all motorcycle wreckers in my area (sydney) to no avail and also kawasaki genuine parts do not send them. They want nothing to do with you if you derestrict there bikes.

A picture of where the bolt should be is here.

hqdefault.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Just find a nice short little bolt that fits in there. I had a similar problem and found a substitute in my tool chest. Has to be short though. Cheers

3. Just ride it as is and don't pin your right wrist

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.