Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW 2010 Hyosung GT650R - Wollongong

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by Jojo87, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

My partners bike was stolen from the parking lot under our unit block between 8pm Tuesday 28/8 and 6am Wednesday 29/8.

It's a red 2010 Hyosung GT650R and the rego is RDF 30.

Really heartbroken, especially since we didn't have it insured.

We have reported it to the police, but don't think they can or will do anything about it. They told us that the chances of the bike being recovered is very low, thought I'd register it on here, just to raise awareness for anyone around the Wollongong area.

I can't upload a photo, but here is a link to a photo of it:

If anyone see's this bike around the Wollongong area, or has any information regarding this please contact the Wollongong police station on 4226 7899.

Fingers crossed
  2. Is it just me, or have the scumbags just come out of hibernation for the summer season?
    And they've gone Korean this year?

As if you needed any more reasons to beware cheap Hyosungs for sale on the internet...
  3. I think it'd more that they know whether or not the owners have placed enough value on their machines to have them comprehensively insured.....
  4. I think so :/ mine got stolen (2012 gt650r)

I insured mine for 12 grand :) luckily haha
  5. Northgate apartments? No good.

What date was it it stolen.

In all honesty, All the police can do is wait for someone to report a suspicious bike or abandoned bike. Unless you can give them more information they have nothing to really get a lead on.

They can be quite busy the poor police. Especially in our area.

If there is any security cameras and what not near you, or what not, You really need to chase up a lead for the police.

If you do have a little more information let my know, I have contacts in wollongong police station.
  6. Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments.

Macca_gong totally understand what you saying, it's very true, the police cant do anything especially when there are no suspects and no leads at all, and Wollongong police have been great.

But on a good note we received a call from the police yesterday, advising that they have found the bike at a property in koonawarra.

The property has been vacant for two months, and the real estate agent was doing a viewing of the house,and saw the motorbike in the back yard and contacted police.

Bike is in excellent condition luckily, but they were playing around with the wires to try and start it but didn't have no luck, especially since my partner hasn't rode the bike in months.

The bike is at the towing company and police will be dusting for fingerprints today, but since it's been out in the rain all day yesterday chances of finding prints are low.

Definitely arranging comprehensive insurance ASAP, don't think we will be as lucky if it happens again.
  7. Good to hear you got it back :)
  8. Sucks about the theft but Is it just me or has the number of people riding uninsured increased? I'd like to know why people would take such a massive risk.
  9. im in the gong and i worry about my bike all the time.. lucky i sleep next to my bike and ride to and from work everyday its always in eye site..... glad u got it back .. comp insurece is cheap as mine cost me 22 bucks a month with SWAN but insured for 8k
  10. for young people comprehensive insurance is in most cases not worth it.

Paying 2k+ for compo on a 6-9 grand bike becomes pointless quite early on, unless you plan to claim a lot.
  11. atleast its not as bad as the quote i got for my Mazda (95 323) when i had it, i went to insure it for 2500 and it was going to cost me 2200 a year :s

i pointed out the idiocy and hung up.
  12. Really...? 12k?
  13. Yeah stupid mistake my dad made lol
  14. Really? How?
  15. Every single bike I see stolen on this website has no insurance, it's as if they know that they don't have insurance and steal it.

Hope you get it back :S

Good luck!

I'll keep my eyes posted on bikesales for you!

16. erm u didn't read much of this thread didn't you.. He got the bike back
  17. I read the first post?