Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2009 Yamaha XJ6 Diversion

1. congrats :)
  2. Congratulations StoneyXJ6StoneyXJ6, from one XJ6 owner to another!

They're a great bike, relatively rare. Yours looks great in iridescent red with gold rims. The bikini fairing on the Diversion will probably make the airflow a bit cleaner than on my naked XJ6NL. I hope you enjoy riding yours as much as I have mine.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers XJ6N, yeah I'm lovin it. Was originally wanting a cruiser but I didn't quite have enough cash at the time. Went to Frasers to look at a few bikes and size myself up to them, the bloke recommended the diversion he conveniently had on sale, lol, 20 minutes later I was handing over the cash, didn't have a licence at the time so just sat on it in the shop to see how it felt, was quite comfy. Got my licence a few weeks later and take her for a ride pretty much every day
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That's great you're enjoying yours too! They are a thoroughly easy and comfortable motorcycle to ride - sporty enough to be easy through the bends with enough power for the highway and a riding position you can stay in all day long. I've put 20,000 kilometres on mine in the 20 months I've owned it it hasn't missed a beat.
  5. Yeah, good bikes, brings back memories.

I had an XJ 550 for a while, and loved it, then bought my son an XJ600 Diversion for his time at Uni. We both had many great rides on it. Just a good solid dependable fun bike, that just works.