Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2009 World Superbikes season preview

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I don't know about you lot, but I reckon WSBK 2009 is going to be a balltearer. I've just written up a huge season preview article for Gizmag, with my predictions for the coming year, as well as a look at the teams, the bikes and the personalities we've got to look forward to:

http://www.gizmag.com/2009-world-superbike-championship-season-preview-and-predictions/10892/

Check it out if you want to get up to speed on SBK for the coming year, or just to tell me how full of shit I am. Who do YOU reckon will take the crown?

2. Haga I hope. He deserves a World Championship.

3. He sure does, I'd love to see him finally take one. A true fighter.

4. This year is his best chance for a while. He is on the current top bike.

5. Duke's looking very good too - as well it should, given it costs 55 grand when you can buy the Japanese bikes for under 20.

6. Yep, they are a pretty streetbike, and a bloody good Racebike.

7. Regarding the Ducati's, would it be possible to race a Desmodici in the superbikes? I believe they have sold about 500 of them throughout the world? I believe in race trim it would have more go than the 1098R?

8. Superbike homologation rules say they have to sell 3000 a year.

9. Sweet write up Lozster.

While I am a shameless Haga fan (I have two of his helmets!!) I reckon rookie Ben Spies will take out the crown this year. Yamaha have built a corker Superbike containing some very GP like technology under it's very pretty carbon exterior. He also was brutally and effectively fast against some good competition in the AMA Superbikes.

Sentimental fave is Max Biaggi on the Aprilia.

Max Biaggi you say?

I reckon MotoGP has been worse off since our resident rider everyone loves to hate has left. The world needs a villian and I love Max for this. Though there earlier season rumors are that the Aprilia has much work to do.

But should be a cracker of a season and will make the MotoGP grid look puny and boring by comparison.

10. Very true, that was the first thing I thought when Max lost his Honda ride. On the other hand, Stacey makes an exceptionally good fill-in.

11. He'll deserve it only when he wins it.

12. :WStupid:

13. Hello..........

Sete.......

Are you there yet..

:grin: :LOL:

p.s. I think it will be between Haga and Spies, I hope it's Haga though.

And yes, it's gonna be a cracker! :cool:

14. I FORGOT ABOUT SETE!!

But on a serious note, we didn't hate the Sete, just his stupid hair...

15. Sete ain't a bad guy, he gives it a red hot go. He got a huff up about the Jerez incident, but you can understand that. He left a gap the width of a credit card and Rossi went for it with everything he had.

Sigh... Back in the day when there was RACING in GP...

16. I doubt that Spies will win the title on debut.

17. went down today, wasn't able to sweet talk the guards to let us in :(

took some pics from the other side of the fence, will post shortly.

the yamaha's sound UNBELIEVABLE!!!! can def tell which is sykes and which is 'elbowz' riding past.

a few red flags came out in the afternoon, someone hit the gravel at honda hairpin - don't know who as we were standing at hayshed.

suzuki were looking great, as were the ducati boys - the sound!!

this week is not going to go fast enough for my liking. unfort the long term weather forecast shows that there may be some average weather sat and sunday :(

18. Ok here they are, not the best considering they were taken through the fence. Tune in this time next week for more :)

DSCF9527. DSCF9622. DSCF9633. DSCF9634. DSCF9667.

19. Mate, if you read the Terms and Conditions, you will see that you are allowed 5 pics per post.

Could you remove some, please.

20. Doesn't look like any of the FTA stations are broadcasting it! That sux!
    I think channel 10 did last year. This year they have a "sport" channel and no sign of the WSB!