Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 - Broadway

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by SkyDance, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Another Daytona stolen. May 3, between 9am and 2pm. Broadway shopping Centre, Ultimo. North Car Park, there is a spot not far from the entrance with 5-10 other bikes standing in an unmarked area.
    Color: red.
    Number plate: OKV32.
    My phone is 0412 970 642.

Distinctive features:
    * rear plastic (part under the passenger's nest) broken from the right side
    * two straps of the motorcycle bag going under rear seat (no bag itself though)
    * LSL frame sliders (have never seen them in Australia)
    * no tank protector - and lots of scratches in the, ahem, crotch-bump-ouch area
    * front mudguard has a few cracks (forgot to take bike lock off moving bike at home - lesson was learnt and disk lock was attached to the rear wheel, didn't help though)

Otherwise it's fully stock, but somewhat loud when idle (EXUP valve function disabled). Michelin Power Pure tyres, ~1 cm chicken strip on the front, none on the rear.

2. fcuking assholes.

I'll keep an eye out.
  3. Insured?
    Triumphs are not just selling well, they seem to steal-target of the month :(
  4. Same area as mine on Sunday too. Possibly the same group?
  5. Insured with QBE.
    Yes, could be the same group. Insolent enough to steal from the shopping centre with cameras all around.
  6. I'm in and around the area every now and then. Will try and keep an eye out. Got some photos of the bike just to make it a bit easier to spot?
  7. Surely the CCTV footage would show something?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My Daytona 675r 2012 - AEG10 was done this evening at north carpark lvl 1. Daytonas must be the flavor of the month...=\
  9. I'll keep an eye out. I'm just down the road and I can pick a triple from a mile away.
    I share your pain :(
  10. Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Was your bike insured? It seems there is an organised group targeting specific bikes in the area. Which makes me think that police should be... hmm, somewhat more active.
    Had a long talk to QBE investigator (Peter), he did not sound reassuring. Chances are slim. Most likely bikes are already on their way to China.
  11. Finally, getting paid by QBE. Took 1 month in total. No hassle at all - extremely happy with them.

No signs of bike though... Hope someday the thief will get his right hand cut off.

BTW do I have to cancel CTP on the bike now? Rego is already canceled by QBE.