Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2009 Melbourne Summer Cycle

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by GOOSH, Feb 18, 2009.

1. hey guys, just thought i'd let some of you know who care or are just good people that a few of us from here and doing this ride this coming weekend.. i know we left it a bit late but we have been getting together and going for a ride weekly for the last month or so.. its a 40km bike ride which shouldnt be too bad, except for the part that goes over the west gate bridge.. that will be a tough climb...

so just putting it out there, if you have a dollar or two that you can spare and help out a good cause, please do so, it will be greatly appreciated.. so if you can, please visit the link below.

thanks, Goosh
  2. i am probaly particapating in it. :)

My brother (yksnirk) is volunteering, and helping out. He did last year too.
  3. Not 100% sure where 'bouts i'll be on the day (most of my work is before the event) but I'll defenitely be there to cheer you guyz on.

BTW do you know what time your starting?
  4. I'm doing it ....... what time are you starting?

I've got 7:30am :shock:
  5. I'll be there all day Sat and Sun! :nail:
  6. Bloody motorcycle expo.

I would have loved to do this ride.

Haven't ridden in quite a while.

Must get out there again.
  7. Netrider just tossed some $$ your way. ;)
  8. thanks you very much....
  9. got the pack in the mail...

got a 8.30am start.. so pretty good
  10. ok so it is all done... did struggle to get up at 6.00am to meet the others in the city by 7am but managed to meet them up at 7.15am..

rode down to royal parade... stood around chatted, looked at all the awesome bikes... big variety around..

anyways, ways a great start to the morning.. the ride felt good.. going over the west gate was a breeze, so easy to do.... heaps of people so had a slow start... the city traffic was hell but once on the freeway was able to pick up the pace... got 62.7km/hr on the downhill of the west gate with room for more but had people in the way....

so excellent ride.. well done to the others... and thank you very much to all of you who donated.... considering we only signed up at the end of the week, for the 3 or 4 days we had managed to raise just over $1000 dollars... so thanks again... see you at the next one