Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC 2009 CBR1000rr - Carlton

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by Fong, Dec 11, 2014.

1. #1 Fong, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Hi everyone,

My poor bike was stolen on the weekend from Carlton. It's a stock red 2009 Honda cbr1000rr. Please keep an eye out for it, last seen on Drummond street on saturday night.

Rego was iw114., I called the cops but they sounded less than optimistic. Why! Why now, just as the summer weather rolls in, just before Christmas and just before I have two weeks off. Urgh.

2. Bike was insured, I trust?
  3. bugger! I hope you had it insured - just add more $$ and get a update CBR1000rr
  4. Wasn't insured for theft. Kill me now.
  5. Shit! You are not the first guy to to that and you definitely won't be the last! :bigtears:

My mate had his gsxr1000 stolen last year. They seem to be popular with the thieves gsxr, cbr1000rr and kawasakis

Next time you will have it insured I'm sure.

Best of luck...
  6. Dude that hurts......
  7. Dogs....

Feeling your pain mate.
  8. Oh shit, that hurts. Sorry to hear.
  9. fcuking aholes hope it gets found
  10. So a brief update.

Still no sign of my bike. Last week I was resigned to the fate that it had either been chopped up into a million pieces or shipped off to Poland or somewhere.

The other week though there was a huge bust in hong kong, see the article here:

I called the cops and asked if they heard anything and they told me that they were going through the bikes to see if any vin numbers were reported stolen, so fingers crossed maybe a few of you guys might get lucky!

I've thought about emailing hong kong customs directly too to see if they've found any CBRs.
  11. Ouch... good luck with your bike search, hopefully you find it soon!