Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2009 CBR1000 thoughts?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Mr_Ignorant, Nov 30, 2009.

1. On the weekend i just traded in the Aprilia on an 04 CBR1000 for the wife. It's such a sexy looking bike it got me wishing i had one myself.

So i am thinking of possibly trading in the Ducati (Farkin hell this will be the 6th bike i've bought in 1.5yrs LOL) on a new 09 CBR1000 Repsol edition. Has anyone taken the 09 for a burn or know much about them?

The pricing seems a bit on the steep side at $21k ride away, does anyone know what 'realistic' prices dealers are letting these bikes go for? Last year before the currency took a dive you could buy a new 08 blade for $15k rideaway. I'm thinking $17k is a fair price given the bikes should be based on a 75 x-change rate.

2. just go second hand...plenty in the $17k bracket and approx 3000ks, barely just broken in.

3. Why pay the extra for the reposl edition? Get standard edition + ABS?

4. 17k for a used one with 3k? Dreaming! The 09 ones are advertised as 18k ride away at a few places, and thats before negotiation.

Haven't ridden one but am quite keen to. Would consider it as an upgrade for when my current bike disintegrates.

5. Majstk - I prefer to buy from a dealer so i can trade in my bike as my experience of selling privately has not been a good one :-s I haven't seen any advertised in NSW dealers online though so i think new may be the go?

evader - I have always loved the look of the Repsol scheme and i like to have bikes that are a little different to the norm you see on the road. I wouldn't bother trading the S4R on a standard bike but i would consider it for a Repsol edition :angel:

6. how much money are you going to piss away trading an S4R on a cbrthou?

How much money have you pissed away already trading so many bikes in 1.5 years?

Ride the wife's when she isn't looking.

7. Had a 09 in the shop the other day. I didnt like the 08 model due to me being a short arse (5ft7). The 09 is very compact and one weapon of a bike. I'd buy one.

Read more here

8. PS: Peter Stevens are knocking them out for about $18,000

9. Repsol has gold front forks.

bargain! do it!!

10. (y)
    thats weird.
    cos i'm 5'11" and tried one on for size a couple of weeks ago and it felt better suited to me than my 600RR.

that seals it then, the 09 1000RR is the perfect bike for everyone. :grin: