Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2009/10 zx6r owners

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by klau, Nov 25, 2010.

1. 2009/10 zx6r owners

If you're an owner of a 2009/10 zx6r, could you help me out with the following running costs?

- Front/rear tire life (replace every 5,000km, 10,000km, etc)?
    - Petrol; litres per 100km (commuting, fun run, etc)?

2. For tire life, it depends how you're riding on them and which tires you buy. Are you going up the highway everyday or do you only hit the twisties on the weekend?

I got about 11,000ks out of my pilot powers with mixed highway and weekend rides, but with my new tires, pirelli diablo rosso corsa's, I think I might get less :(

Cant answer your fuel question but I get 300ks per tank from mine (17 litres)
  3. i get about/under 220 km before the fuel light comes on
    filling up is usually 13 -14L (17 L tank)
    thats commute plus the odd bash
    dont know about the tyres yet...only done 2000 km! :)
  4. If you're concerned about running costs then high strung sports bikes aren't for you. Sorry.
  5. 2010 zx6r here

I'm getting 250kms out of a tank of fuel...Warning light comes on at about 200kms though.

Each time I have filled up it seems to only take 14 to 16 liters of fuel to fill to the brim.

This is all commuting at the moment. :(

Tires not replaced yet as I only have done 2500kms since purchase its running the stock Bridgestones.
  6. What the hell are you guys doing to get that much distance out of your tank?
    I've had a 2009 and a 2010 and both get the fuel light on at 190-200km

Replace the OEM Bridgestones, they aren't that flash
  7. At some point, running costs become important to (almost) anyone. 600cc I4's aren't bad value to run compared with most litre twins.

Tyre use figures will be meaningless though as they'll depend on the rider, the tyres and whether the bike has done track days more than anything else.
  8. Thanks for the replies guys.

About running cost concerns. Not really a concern, just wanted an idea for what I will be up for (on top of service, etc) so I can factor that in.

9. Yep, what the other boys said. They actually get reasonable mileage...