Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 wr450f :)

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by christrails, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Sup,

new bike for me and god does it fly :D I promise no riding fast XD

Anyway I will try to have pics up tomorrow. So I have the button start but I don't like that for the fact that someone could just press the button on my bike and go with it So I also have the key barrel and would like to change it so how do I swap the button start to the key switch? I feel its another safety precaution. Anyone know how to change it?

Chris :)

2. bridge the wiring someway I believe

actually the start shouldnt work without the key in and turned on - thats how my 2003 wr450 works

so how soon before you supermoto it ?
  3. are you in sydney ?-- I am currently in the shire with the mad scientist Felix doing some small mods and repairs on my tard - your welcome to come over and have a look and chat etc
  4. It's got a plug on the end of it so couldn't I just switch them? I mean the button is nice and simple but thats the point, to easy to steal.

Not until I get my license which wont be for a while (I need to get 70 ATAR in my HSC) I will be using it as an off road bike for the time being :) It is so much bigger than my old bike :D I love it!

Yeah I'm in sydney, mods such as what? Where abouts are ya? pm me if you don't want to post it.