Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 R6 Clutch.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by turtle007, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Hi everone, very new to this forum, so hello to all.

I have a 2008 R6. Ive had for a year now, its been awesome up until a few months ago. For some reason, it doesnt ride much from firs gear anymore. Even if I rev it, it just boggs. It is still under warranty. Ive taken my bike to a couple of local shops near where i live and they dont want to touch it because its still under warranty, but, the mechanics from both shops rode it and said the same thing, theres something not right with the clutch, take it to a authorised yamaha dealer and get them to check it out. i have done this and they refuse to accept there is an issue with the clutch.

Can anyone recomend the next step.
  2. Talk to the boss? Take it to another yammy repairer?
  3. I am going to do this, this is going to be costly, the dealer im going to pick up my bike from has already advised that theres going to be a big bill for all the time a mechanic has spent on it to tell me theres nothing wrong with when there is. This i can see, is going to be a nightmare. I hope no one else has to go through this crap. When I get my bike back I will tell you all and warn you about this particular dealship.
  4. contact consumer affairs, they have a very large file on yamaha australia and are slowly working their way through it. they'll be able to help.
  5. Sweetie is it clutch drag? Is the clutch hydraulic ?
    Would you not consider giving the clutch cable a jolly good oozing (Bleed), surely you are not going to void a warranty doing that
  6. Tell them to pull their heads out of their arses and fix your damn bike, as they are obligated to under Australian consumer law. If they continue to downplay the issue you are having with your machine, threaten to take the issue up with the consumer affair ombudsman.

Put simply, f*** them. F*** the lot of them.

- boingk
  7. Well I just got my bike back and yes, I threatent to report this to consumer affairs, he said "what ever" ? My Bike is no better, It still boggs badly off the mark, tough to take off. I live in Western Sydney, Im going to take it to Red Barron and see what they say. They won't be getting my bussiness ever again.
  8. Bogging down off the line does not ring true for a clutch problem. A clutch problem would see excess revs. It sounds like there is something wrong, but so long as you definition of bogging matches mine, then it's probably not the clutch.

Oh and name the original dealer for not fixing whatever the problem is.
  9. True, ibast.

It hasn't got the choke stuck on has it?

- boingk