Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 R-6S

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by nightgash, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Not for the Australian market. Looks a lot like an older styled R6. After some digging it seems the R-6S is just a 2003 YZF R-6 thats still being sold in the USA at a lower price than the current R-6

[​IMG]

Compared to the 2008 R-6.

08YZFR6_silver_3_2da989ef.

2. I read a couple of comparos between the older R6 and the current-gen, ride by wire super-this duper-that model, and funnily enough they all came to the same conclusion: The older model was the better bike on the road.

By the way, I really had to laugh when I read about UK Bike's bike of the year - Honda CBR600 which they praised especially for the engine providing 'flexibility not experienced since Thundercats'. That's just great! All these years of constant development, each model supposedly so much better than the previous one... to finally produce a bike as good as the Thundercat, first seen some 10 years ago?!?

If you ever need a proof that evolution and improvement are two completely different things (though they're often confused with each other), look no further.

3. So I take it that this is the new way exhaust is being done? With the Fireblade and now this.

4. Yeah, I'd take the former, unless I bought a bike purely for the track. And that won't happen for a while yet. :LOL: :LOL:

5. seems that way.
    not for me personally, but you can probably thank the Euro 3 (or is it 4) emissions that are/have come into effect.

6. having ridden both bikes,the current r6 which i own and also an older shape(03 model) there is no way i would take the older bike over the newer and i only really ride it on the street