Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 MotoGP Predictions.

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by IronHorse, Jan 6, 2008.

1. I am new to MotorBikes and MotoGP, but.

My prediction for 2008 are;

Chris Vermeulen.
  2. That's more hope than prediction.

I have a couple of things I think we will see this year-

Caseys new team mate will be as slow as his old one.

Toseland will be lucky to get near the podium.

Lorenzo will see the podium.

Pedrosa will see alot of the podium, and will be a genuine title contender.

Casey will still be at the pointy end of the field, but not as alone.

Rossi will have a similar year to 2007. I think on many occassions it was him and his riding style that caused him grief more than his tyres, so the change to Bridgeys won't make that much difference, particularly as they will have no data for the bike/tyre combination.

It will all be loads of fun to watch!
  3. I agree with most of what Triway said but I will also add:

If that little spanish wanker :jerk: starts winning I am personally going to go over there and shoot him.

Casey will still be on top.

The Suzuki [-o< and the Kwak will come on strong and steal a few wins thanks to Chris and Hopper.

Rossi will be pushing too hard and will make more mistakes but will still win a few.

Dovi will out perform all the other newcomers.

DePuniet will continue to crash
  4. um ducati no longer have a handicap
    yamaha brings the xtreme, delivering rossi & lorenzo to the top
    honda follows up closely
  5. I predict that by the end of November 2008, we'll know what the story is for the 2008 season.
  6. As long as it's wet, I'd agree. He's a champion in the rain.
  7. I'd agree with most of that although I reckon Malandri will be right up with and even getting the better of Casey at a few rounds. Rossi will certainly be up there but he's going to face a hard fight from the young guns.

I also think that Hopper will have 'a few' good results, Caprix will have a crappy year along with West :(

I predict another solid year for Vermeulen, expect Lorenzo to come on strong during the second half of the season.

Guys in with the best chance of winning:

Casey, Rossi, Melandri & Pedrosa :idea:
  8. Stoner and the Petrobot will be leading the charge closely followed by Lorenzo and Hopper. Chris V, West and Melandri will be up there but I’m sad to say that the great #46 will slip back even further (bar a massive improvement from the boys at Yamaha) along with Caprix. Toesland will join Edwards in the “fast on Monday†club but there may be a few shock results from the d’Antin boys. The non-factory Hondas will be kinda competitive but not up the pointy end and Nicky Hayden may just do enough to get a set in SBks for 2009. RIP Team KR.
  9. You guys have no flippin idea as usual.....

I cant believe how stupid some people are......

Our Team Loz will win on his Kawi. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Yeah skuff, he will be the first motogp winner to browneye as he gets the chequer.
  11. Can't go past Casey Stoner in 2008. Followed closely by Pedrosa and Rossi.

Any thoughts on WSBK - pretty open field since King James is now at MotoGP, Mad Max doesn't have a ride and Troy Bayliss came off his bike yesterday at the island.
  12. Max has a ride!
  13. Yep, Max is on a Duke.
  14. good news!! ill be happy to fly the suzuki flag this year hahaah.

i think stoner will have tougher competition in pedrosa, i think vermeulen will do reasonable, similar to this year (id like to see him take the whole lot, but it wont happen) i think rossi will still be fast as it gets. westy will improve, but i cant see him causing too much drama. watch out for him in 2009 i think. end of the year?

max biaggi can be the drinks boy for the 250 GP riders.
  15. dont care who takes out the championship........

as long as I get plenty of shots of James Toesland & Randy DePuniet without their gear on, I will be a happy camper
  16. if you dont, let me know, ill run around with my gear off and you can take photos of me until your hearts content hahahaha.
  17. 1. Stoner
    2. Rossi
    3. Pedrosa
    4. Melandri
    5. Capirossi
    6. Vermeulen

Bet your houses on it :)
  18. Joel, can I borrow your crystal ball for a few days?
  19. Amen to that, brother.

:woot: \:D/ :beer: :roses: :dance: :woot:

20. aaaaarrrrrggghhh !! thanks for the offer but I dont think you will get the same reaction :sick: