Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 Masterbike has been run and won

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by [FLUX], May 24, 2008.

1. Details are a little thin on the ground at this moment.

Big news is that the 2008 CBR1000RR took top honours (meaning it was the fastest bike of the entire lot).

In their respective categories:

Superbike (1000cc 4's, 1200cc 2's) => CBR1000RR (1st)
    Maxisport (between supersport and Superbike) => Aprilia RSV1000R (1st)
    Supersport => 2008 Yamaha R6 was 1st, just pipping the Daytona 675 (2nd) for outright track prowess.

2. whilst it may not be aesthetically pleasing, i take function over form any day.
    gotta love the honda :grin:

3. But it truly is a hideous looking machine...

4. but it does grow on you. :rofl:

5. So does a wart.

6. I have to agree that it's starting to grow on me to, just like a wart, but a really, really fast, great handling wart.....

Dealer near me is getting one in on monday and hopefully will be able to take one for a spin on the weekend.

7. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    i thought they were joking when i saw it at the gp.. :shock:

8. Was it the fastest? R1 was fastest last year, won the Jap category, but
    was pipped at the post overall by MV F4 which was slower but made
    journo's feel "special"...

9. Last year, the MV F4 averaged a very slightly faster lap time than the R1 across the 5 (or 6 I forget) riders in the final. Yes, the R1 did have the absolute fastest lap time of the entire test with one of the 5 riders aboard, but across all of them, the MV F4 just edged ahead.

As for if the 2008 Blade set the absolute fastest lap time. That is unclear, but it will have been the fastest bike on average to take the top-honours.

10. Innit funny how statistics work; the phrase I remember was
    "more riders got their fastest lap on the R1 than other bikes"
    so I guess it depends on how fast each and etc...